Friday 31 August 2012

Crass tears of a teenage girl

You see these tears which wet my cheeks?
Well I blame them on you
We circled each other, over and over
And never made a move.

Then you pushed me over and killed me,
Severed my desperate hope,
Drew pain from me I thought impossible
Given the circumstances.

I was winning, the battle with myself,
I had the demon on his knees,
Drew my sword,
But I left myself exposed to your attacks.

How can I win when the road turns the wrong way?
Maybe I missed the turn off,
Missed it a long time ago,
Relied on the roundabouts which were never built.

And now I'm here and happy.
You just showed me there was no choice,
To keep ploughing on.
And the love I had still hurts.

I did, you know, for a second there.
Then you ran, set me free,
I'm where is best,
And it still hurts.

What I'm saying is I can't get over it,
It doesn't make sense,
But I can't,
I don't know that I ever will.

And I thank you for that.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.8

No comments:

Post a Comment